Easy and delicious from the Lodge at Buckberry Creek's kitchen and Executive Chef Ian Krystik.
Orange Crème Brulee
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 1 Quart Heavy Cream
- ¾ Cups Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Boyjian Orange Oil
- Place eight egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Incorporate heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add a splash of Orange oil. Mix and taste.
- Note: Should taste slightly too strong in orange flavor. (After cooking some will dissipate.)
- Using a 6 oz crème Brûlée dish - fill ¾ of the way to the top with batter.
- Place Brûlée on a half sheet pan.
- Place in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Add approximately 4 cups of water to the sheet tray to create a water bath for the crème Brûlée. Water should come up between the halfway and ¾ of the way to the top.
- When completed, drain water and place in a refrigerator for 2.5 hours to allow them to set up. Moments before serving add a teaspoon of sugar, and caramelize with a kitchen blow torch.
Serve with fresh berries.