You wouldn't believe how many of our guests have become dessert eaters during their stay at the Lodge.
The reason? Chef Ian's incomparable Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
- 3 loaves cinnamon raisin bread, cut in quarters
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine all ingredients (except bread) in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Place bread in a 2 inch hotel pan (the kind you would see at a buffet)
- Pour mixture over bread
- Gently mix making sure to get all bread soaked *Be sure not to overmix, if the bread breaks down it will make the bread pudding too dense.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and aluminum foil
- Place in a 325 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and plastic wrap and put back in oven for an additional 15-20 minutes
Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream
This recipe will feed at least 10 - 15 depending on portion size.